McBurney Park Pewter Ornament
Hand carved pewter ornament of McBurney (Skeleton Park) in Kingston, Ontario.
In 1965 this park was named after the Principal of Central Public School and is often referred to as Skeleton Park due to its lore and history. The land was used as a cemetery in the early 1800's and closed at capacity in 1864 due to many epidemics that hit Kingston. It was converted into parkland in the 1890's.
Skeelton Park now fills with kids and families everyday and hosts many Community Events and musical parades thoughtout the year, The Skeleton Park Arts Festival (SPAF) is her here every summer and is our favourite event of the year!