Kingston 150 - 2016
The 2016 Annual Pewter Ornament celebrated Canada’s 150th birthday and its first national capital city, Kingston, Ontario.Landmarks of the "Limestone City" were handcarved in bronze and then cast in pewter:
- Grant Hall is included as it’s the 175th year for Queen’s University
- Kingston Penitentiary was opened to allow Canadians to walk its hallowed ranges
- The City Hall dome marks where 25,000 Canadians gathered to honour Tragically Hip day on August 20th, 2016.
- The Wolfe Islander III returned to Lake Ontario that year (and was replaced in 2023).
- Fort Henry tops the ornament with its flag pole proudly flying our iconic red and white maple leaf.
If you missed us at the Fat Goose fair this year, find us at the Holiday Market, Girls’ Night Out, or at the Queen’s University campus bookstore. Or have this gift wrapped and delivered to you, in time for gift giving!